Wednesday 16 January 2019

My Hometown SLJ


My hometown is Paroa, Greymouth, it's on the West Coast of New Zealand.
It rains a lot, sometimes its sunny (like today while I'm writing this).
We live on a small farm so we go outside to play a bit. On the farm, we play in the paddocks and make huts with bamboo. There's a beach close to us so we take our dog Jessie down for walks.
There are lots of bushwalks on the West Coast, my favorite one is Woods Creek because it has bridges, tunnels, and waterfalls.

Greymouth is a nice place to live. There's not much traffic, and it is fast and easy to get to places.



By Harry

3 comments:

  1. hi Harry, I liked the comments you wrote about your hometown. Another thing I like about living on the West Coast is there are lots of nice rivers to swim in. Well done, from Mum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Harry!

    Thanks for sharing about your hometown - Sounds like you have lots of fun things to do there!
    I also think that it's pretty awesome your Mum has commented on your blog! Lucky you :)

    I am glad you have managed to get some sunshine over the school holidays Harry - The past couple days have been really cold like winter where I am but we have finally got back some sunshine today!
    I am happy about this, I prefer the hot weather to cold - How about you?

    That's really cool you make huts out of bamboo in the paddocks - When I was growing up we would do the same in the bush up the back of my house using sticks and big ferns.
    How big do you make them? Big enough to stand in?

    I think you are pretty lucky to live near a beach - Does your dog Jessie swim?
    I have a dog called Beau but he is not so good at swimming :)

    That sounds like a great walk - I haven't been to Paroa before but I will make sure to go to Woods Creek if I visit!
    Are the bridges swinging bridges? ...I like the ones that swing :)

    Thanks again for sharing Harry - Was great to learn about what makes Paroa special!

    Nga mihi,
    Ellee :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ellee,I prefer hot weather too.most of the huts were just a tree that we climb in.Our dog Jessie is Very good at swimming.and theres both kinds of bridges. Bye

    _ Harry

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.