Wednesday 22 September 2021

Poem - Epitaph

Here lies Taj Cat

Who looked like a rat

His parents called the exterminators

He yelled and screamed and called them traitors

But his parents did not care and they feed him to a bear



Here lies Jari Jim

Who always fell in a bin

Instead of falling he tried to fly

Where Jari Jim met his demise


This week we have been learning about poetry. These are my epitaphs, And epitaph is a short poem four to six lines for a gravestone. I liked this because I could do lots of rhyming and was fun making up names. I found some of the rhyming words tricky to think of e.g exterminators. 

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Harry. I love your epitaphs - they are so funny. Hopefully those two classmates thought so too?! I was also really impressed with your rhyming and vocabulary. Excellent work Harry. From Mum x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.