Monday 13 September 2021

Paralympic medals

 Paralympic medals


The Paralympic medals are a key part of the Paralympic games. The medals indicate who is first, second, and third. The Tokyo 2021 Paralympic games medal design is a traditional Japanese fan, representing the Paralympic games as the source of a new wind refreshing the world.


Gold                                                                                               


1st place

Weight: about 526g

Thickness: 7.5 - 10 .7mm

Diameter: 85mm

Over 6 grams of gold plating on pure silver.


Silver


2nd place

Weight: about 520g

Thickness: 7.5 - 10 .7mm

Diameter: 85mm

Pure silver


Bronze


3rd place

Weight: about 430g

Thickness: 7.5 - 10 .7mm

Diameter: 85mm

Red brass ( 95% copper 5% zinc )



Features


The Paralympic medals all have a side indented with a corresponding amount of circles to the placing the athlete/s got e.g 3rd place has three circles and the same with the ribbon So that athletes with a vision disabilities. The Rio 2016 Paralympics had a place where small metal balls could be stored - Bronze has 16 balls and makes the lowest sound, Silver has 20 balls and Gold has 28.


This is my work on the paralympic medals. It explains the features, what their made of, Their weight, and their thickness. I enjoyed writing and researching about the medals.



4 comments:

  1. Hi Harry , Im Pitara a year 8 student from Glenbrae school I just wanna say that you have presented an outstanding document about the paralympic medals, I have learnt something new from your writing. Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Harry, my name is Victoria and I come from Glenbrae School. I just wanted to say that you have done a wonderful job writing about the Paralympic medals. I have learnt quite a lot from this blog post.

    Keep up the good work and stay safe.
    - Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Harry, this is so amazing, I never knew this much detail about the Olympic medals. Keep up the amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Harry, my name is Jaydin and I am a year 8 student at Glenbrae school. I just wanted to say that you have done a wonderful job writing about the Paralympic medals I never knew this much detail about the Olympic medals. Keep up the great work and have a wonderful day. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.