Saturday 11 April 2020

Giant Ice block!

Today I made a giant ice cube the size of my face!

I started yesterday by layering water into a container and then today I put two more layers of water into the container and after about an hour it looked ready (it wasn't)I slid the ice out of the container and it was a cube and freezing it was like I had frostbite! I made a hole in it ant a little pool of water came out and got me wet, I started trying to gnaw on the ice but it was solid.after a few minutes in the sun it warmed up and I could rip chunks of ice off it. and I cut it in bits and gave Jessie a quarter. after a small amount of time, I had eaten it!


By Harry


2 comments:

  1. Ohh Harry, what a great idea! How long did it take for each layer of the ice block to freeze? I wonder if you could have turned this into a science experiment and weighed your ice block at different times as it was melting. Did Jessie enjoy her quarter?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes
      she loved eating the ice block

      Delete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.