Wednesday 22 April 2020

Paroa beach

Paroa Beach
As I walk down to the beach a gust of wind blows on my face, I shiver. As I get down to the full view of
the beach the tussocks blow wildly. I keep on walking when Jessie zooms past me, she's like a bullet
she keeps on running and into the waves. The rough waves nearly toss Jess around. I look around for
a good stick while I walk, I feel the strong winds trying to push me back. I pick up a stick “Jess-ie” I call.
Jessie perks her head up out of the waves and sprints over for a game of fetch. I throw the stick for her
a few times until she gets bored. Jessie trots along beside me. I give her a quick pat as a glint of green
catches my eye. I stumble over the tussock and see a shard of green sand, I dig the object out. It's a
smooth green stone. I smile at my third piece of greenstone I've ever found, “come here Jessie '' Jessie
looks my way and walks over to me, she sees the greenstone and gives it a sniff. She cocks her head
sideways and wags her tail. I know not to open my mouth or she’ll try licking the inside of it! I slip it into
my pocket and keep on walking with Jessie at my side. We decided to walk back so we can get a rest
back home. When we get back Jessie laps up some water and snuggles in her basket.


 I lie on my bed thinking about what I had done at the beach. The beach is my special place because I
can spend time with my dog and listen to the crashing waves.


The End.

By Harry

3 comments:

  1. Ka mau te wehi Harry, what an amazing piece of descriptive writing. I love that you have described the beach and that the words you have used helped me to picture it like I was there! Where else do you enjoy taking Jessie?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Harry, as Miss Farr already noted, this was wonderful descriptive writing. We go to the beach all the time at the moment; you really captured these special times, and how much you love our dog. Ka pai.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Harry this is a message from Grandma: "Harry, Wow, You made me really feel the beach with the smell of the sea, the wind and the sound of the waves, Jessie playing and finding the greenstone was so exciting. Can I have more of your writing. Grandma Joan"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.